WideTEK® 12-600 A3+ Sized Flatbed Scanner
The WideTEK 12-600 is available for applications where A3+ is large enough but fast scanning speed and high optical resolution is required. The scanner needs less than three seconds to scan the largest format of 12.5 x 18.5 inches in normal mode at 300dpi and only 12 seconds in 3D mode at 600dpi, twice as fast as the closest competition. It comes with a built-in 64bit Linux PC running on an Intel i3 quad core processor and 8GB of memory.
WideTEK 12 delivers high resolution color, black and white or grayscale images in jpeg, tiff, pdf and most other standard image output formats. It combines production ready design and uniquely compact dimensions in a new class of professional but affordable scanners.
Big Features with a Tiny Footprint
The WideTEK12-600 is only 17.4 inches (44cm) wide, slightly more than its scanning area. Although it has a tiny footprint, it still scans 19% more surface area than DIN/ISO A3 but is small enough to fit on any desktop.
WideTEK 12 and WideTEK 25 are the only wide format flatbed scanners which also capture 3D surfaces in a quality suitable for inspection and quality control but compact enough for your desktop. The 3D scanning mode opens many new opportunities in the web presentation, printing and industrial inspection markets by capturing the texture of surfaces so perfectly that the scan on a screen looks like the real object.
The WideTEK 12-600 utilizes two LED lamps, twice as many as the competition. With the diffusors, these lamps produce an extremely homogeneous illumination which eliminates all unwanted shadows caused by folds, wrinkles and other distortions of the scanned object.
The scanner can be operated with the lid down if wrinkled or thin documents are scanned but it also works with the lid open. Automatic crop & deskew works perfectly in both directions, eliminating the cumbersome need of other scanners to align documents to any edges or markers.
Working with the WideTEK 12 is simple – either with a standard web browser, the built in touchscreen or a mobile device like an iPad or Android tablet, using our application for mobile devices Scan2Pad.
WideTEK® 12 Functions & Features
Functions, features and options available on the WideTEK 12-600 color flatbed scanner.
WideTEK® 12 Functions
- 12.5 x 18.5 inch or ISO/DIN A3+ scan of full document bed in less than 3 seconds
- 36 bit color depth
- Captures 3D surfaces, textures of various materials, Braille print
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Small footprint but scans 19% more surface area than A3
- 17.4 inch width, only slightly more than scanning area
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Scan2USB – Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print – Output to any connected printer
- Scan2Network – Output to any network drive
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, Multipage PDF
- Scan2Pad – Operation via tablet, smartphone or other mobile device
- Wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB and native RGB
WideTEK® 12 Features
- Integrated 64bit Linux, Intel i3 quad core processor, 8 GB memory
- Dual LED illumination with new diffusors for optimal results, no warm up, IR-/UV-free
- Large color WVGA touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Integrated walk up scanning software
- Easy installation via Scan2Net Technology
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
WideTEK® 12 Options
- Batch Scan Wizard – Software option for batch scanning
- Attach an external monitor for instant previews
- Full Coverage Warranty – Up to 5 years subscription for extended warranty package and free spare parts
WideTEK® 12 Markets & Applications
The WideTEK 12 color flatbed scanner is a valuable production device for the following markets and applications. This list is neither complete nor exclusive, there are more markets and applications than listed and it should be taken only as a general guideline. If you have a specific application that is not listed here, please check with your sales representative.
WideTEK® 12 Markets
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction, CAD
- Copy Services, Reprographics
- Mapping Services, GIS
- Media Control, Press Clipping Services
- Universities, Libraries, Registries
- Inspection and industrial quality control
- 3D product presentations in catalogs and in the web
WideTEK® 12 Applications
- Scanning maps, color posters, display graphics, artwork, photographs
- Scanning newspapers, periodicals, catalogs and magazines
- Scanning drafts and advertising on paper board, photos, fabrics, tiles
- Bound and stapled documents like contracts, accounts and documentation
- Surface inspection, print output control Braille control
- Capture 3D textures of fabrics, tiles, stone, flooring etc. for catalogs and the web
WideTEK® 12 Presentation
Flatbed CCD Scanner
This presentation gives you a detailed overview and comparison of our WideTEK wide format CCD and CIS scanners as well as of our WideTEK flatbed CCD scanners from a technical perspective as well as from a market and applications perspective. Benefits and advantages of the WideTEK models are clearly presented so that you can make an educated decision on which WideTEK scanner suits your application and requirements.
If you do have the capability to start a PowerPoint presentation, just click on the image below.
WideTEK® 12 Product Photos
Scan DINA3+, 12.5 x 18x5 at 300dpi color in less than 3 sec.
WideTEK® 12 Documentation
To get the best possible results with your scanner and to fully understand how to operate it, you should always have the most up to date version of the manuals, instructions and other product documentation. The printed version might be outdated already and you can check here to see that your product documentation is complete and up to date.
Download WideTEK® 12 manuals, instructions and other product documentation
|Setup Manual||Version D||August 2015||Download PDF|
|Operation Manual||Version C||December 2015||Download PDF|
|Energy Star||Version 1.1||November 2007||Download PDF|
WideTEK® 12 Technical Data
This section provides you with the technical specifications and data associated with the WideTEK® 12 wide format flatbed scanner. Speed, scan size, power consumption and environmental data can be found as well as shipping dimensions and weight. These documents are the most detailed summary of the technical specifications.
|Maximum Document Size||Max. 317 x 470 mm (12.5 x 18.5 inch), 19% more than DIN/ISO A3|
|Autoformat Size Recognition||yes, crop & deskew|
|DIN Format||DIN A5 – DIN A2|
|ANSI Format||Letter, Legal|
|User Defined Format||yes|
|Scanner Resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi (optionally 9600 x 9600 dpi interpolated)|
|Optical Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||Maximum document size @ 300 dpi < 3 s Maximum document size @ 600 dpi < 6 s|
|Scan Speed Color 3D||Maximum format @ 300 dpi < 6 s|
|Color Depth||36 bit color, 12 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, PNM, TIFF uncompressed, TIFF G4 (CCITT), Multipage PDF, TIFF|
|Scan Modes||Plain with diffused illumination, 3D with visible surface texture, any combination of the two|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel i3, quad core processor, 8 Gigabyte RAM, 320GB HDD for extra large jobs|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net(R) interface|
|Camera||Tri-Color CCD camera, 22,500 pixels, encapsulated and dust-proof|
|Light Source||Dual LED lamps with 54 white LEDs each, natural light diffusor, no IR/UV emission|
|Lamp Life Time||50,000 h (typ.)|
|Dimensions Scanner||222 x 440 x 795 mm (8.8 x 17.4 x 31.3 inch) (H x W x D)|
|Weight Scanner||28 kg (62 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 V AC, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply, complies with ECO standard CEC level V)|
|Power Consumption||≤ 0.5 W (Sleep) / 4.8 W (Standby) / 55 W (Scanning)|
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C, 40 to 105 °F|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 45 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 32 dB(A) (Standby)|
WideTEK® 12 ComplianceImage Access scanners are environmentally friendly, comply to the highest security standards and do not interfere with other devices. We have also made sure that no harmful radiation in the form of electromagnetic emission and UV or infrared light exists. Because these kinds of scanners are heavy production machines with inherent risks to the operator, no one should operate a scanner from a vendor who cannot provide at least an IEC/UL 60950 safety report. Image Access scanners conform to the many national and international standards which are listed below. Our scanners have been tested and certified by independent laboratories and we can also provide test reports of each standard on paper upon request.
The WideTEK 12 conforms to the following standards:
The cETLus Listing Mark is used for products going into the Canadian (shown by the “c” in the mark) and US market (shown by the “us” in the mark). Products with the cETLus mark have been examinated and successfully passed tests according the requirements for device safety. The standards for IT-equipment are UL 60950-1 for the US market and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1 for the Canadian market.
The ETL-EU Listing Mark is used for products going into the European market (shown by the “EU” in the mark).Products with the ETL-EU mark have been examined and successfully passed tests according the requirements for device safety. The standards for IT equipment are IEC 60950-1 and EN 60950-1, or the new standards (from 2014) IEC 62368-1 and EN 62368.
2004/108/EG (Electromagnetic compatibility):
- EN 55022:2010 Class A
- EN 61000-3-2
- EN 61000-3-3
- EN 55024:2010 Criteria Class A and B
- EN 61000-4-2
- EN 61000-4-3
- EN 61000-4-4
- EN 61000-4-5
- EN 61000-4-6
- EN 61000-4-11
2006/95/EG (Low voltage guideline): Tested according to the following standards
- IEC 60950-1:2005
- IEC 62368-1:2014 (for devices tested as of 2014)
- EN 60950-1 (European Standard)
- UL 60950-1:2007 (US Standard)
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1:2007 (Canadian Standard)
for Safety of Information Technology Equipment
- FCC 47 CFR Ch.1 Part 15
This device complies with Part 15, Class A of the FCC47 Rules.
Operation of this product is subject to the following two conditions:
- (1) This device may not cause harmful interference.
- (2) This device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired operation.
DE 15679937 WEEE is the European Community directive 2002/96/EC on waste electrical and electronic equipment which, together with the RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC, became European Law in February 2003, setting collection, recycling and recovery targets for all types of electrical goods. (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
The devices correspond to the requirements of the RoHS-guidelines (Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment).
WideTEK® 12 Downloads & Tools
One of the distinguishing features of our scanners is the unique Scan2Net technology. A part of Scan2Net is the ability to update the scanners firmware in a few seconds via the network interface. The newest firmware can be obtained through our customer service portal at any time and the portal will also always check, which firmware is suitable for your specific scanner.
WideTEK® 12 Firmware Updates
In addition to service and support options available 24/7, software and firmware updates can be found and downloaded from our Customer Service Portal. In order to get the maximum benefit from the features and options of the Customer Service Portal, please log in with your personal account data. If you do not already have a personal account, you can request one here. Your account data and user login will be sent to your email account immediately. In the meantime, you can log in as a guest (Login: Guest, Password: Guest) to get a first impression. Please keep in mind that the guest account only gives you limited access to the features of the Customer Service Portal.